Gemstones must be cut and polished to bring out their beauty. But pearls don’t need any treatment to reveal their loveliness. They are born from oysters complete.
A natural pearl begins its life as a foreign object, such as sand or a piece of shell, that gets lodged into an oyster’s soft inner body where it cannot get out. To protect itself, the oyster begins to cover the irritant, layer upon layer, with a smooth, hard crystalline substance, called “nacre,” as long as the irritant remains within its body.
The result, ultimately, is the beautiful gem called a pearl. You are one of God’s wondrous, priceless pearls. God sees your hardships and the powerful layers of protection around you. He wants you to emerge from of your shell as you are and to live the beautiful life He created you to live.
Matthew 13: 45-46
45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.
Regarding the Parable of the Pearl above, some say Jesus is the fine pearl and once we find him we are willing to sell everything to be with him. Some say we are the pearls and Jesus is the merchant who gave all he had for us. Either way, the truth is that:
You are loved…
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
You are valued…
She is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
How precious are your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
You are purposed…
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.
You are redeemed…
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, (s)he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17
The Truth About God
He is faithful…
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
He is gracious…
God is all mercy and grace– not quick to anger, is rich in love.
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9
He is mighty…
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
He is caring…
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed.
He is comforting…
As a mother comforts her child, so I’ll comfort you.
And God will wipe every last tear from their eyes.
He is near…
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” —which means, “God with us”.
The Word of God Says I Am…
1. A child of God, born of the incorruptible seed of the word of God which liveth forever -1 Peter1:23
2. Forgiven of all my sins and washed in the blood -Heb 9:14, Col 1:14, Eph 1:7, 1 John 1:9, 2:12
3. A new creation -2 Cor 5:17
4. The temple of the Holy Spirit -1 Cor 6:19
5. Delivered from the power of darkness, and translated into Gods kingdom – Col 1:13
6. Redeemed from the curse of the law -1 Peter 1:18-19 Gal 3:13
7. Blessed -Deut 28:1-14, Gal 3:9
8. A saint -Rom 1:7, 1 Cor 1:2, Phil 1:1
9. The head and not the tail -Deut 28:13
10. Above only and not beneath -Deut 28:13
11. Holy and without blame before Him in love -1 Peter 1:16, Eph 1:4
12. The elect – Col 3:12, Rom 8:33
13. Established to the end -1 Cor 1:8, Eph 2:13
14. Victorious -Rev 21:7
15. Set free -Jn 8:31-33
16. Strong in the Lord -Eph 6:10
17. Dead to sin -Rom 6:2, 11
18. More than a conqueror -Rom 8:37
19. Joint heirs with Christ Jesus -Rom 8:17
20. Sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise -Eph 1:13
21. In Christ Jesus by his doing -1 Cor 1:30
22. Accepted by the beloved -Eph 1:6
23. Complete in Him -Col 2:10
24. Crucified with Christ -Eph 2:5
25. Alive in Christ -Eph 2:5
26. Free from condemnation -Rom 8:1
27. Reconciled to God -2 Cor 5:18
28. Qualified to share in His inheritance -Col 1:2
29. Firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith, and overflowing with gratitude -Col 2:7
30. Circumcised with the circumcision made without hands -Col 2:11
31. A fellow citizen with the saints and the household of God -Eph 2:19
32. Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ
33. Himself being the chief cornerstone -Eph 2:20
34. In the world as He is in heaven -1 Jn 4:7
35. Born of God and the evil one does not touch me -1 Jn 5:18
36. His faithful follower -Rev 17:14b, Eph 5:1
37. Overtaken with blessings -Deut 28:2, Eph 1:3
38. His disciple because I have love for others -Jn 13:34-35
39. The light of the world -Mat 5:14
40. The salt of the earth -Mat 5:13
41. The righteousness of God -2 Cor 5:21, 1 Ptr 2:24
42. A partaker of his divine nature -2 Ptr 1:4
43. Called of God -2 Tim 1:9
44. The first fruit among his creation -James 1:8
45. Chosen by God -1 Thes 1:4, Eph 1:4, 1 Ptr 2:9
46. Gods workmanship created for good works in Christ Jesus -Eph 2:10
47. The apple of my Father’s eye -Deut 32:10, Ps 17:8
48. Healed by the stripes of Jesus -1 Ptr 2:24, Is 53:5
49. Being changed into his image -2 Cor 3:16, Phil 1:6
50. As bold as a lion -Prov 28:1
1. The mind of Christ -Phil 2:5, 1 Cor 2:16
2. Obtained an inheritance -Eph 1:11
3. Access by the Spirit to the Father -Heb 4:16, Eph 2:18
4. Overcome the world -1 Jn 5:4
5. Everlasting life and will not be condemned -Jn 5:24, 6:47
6. The peace of God which passes all understanding -Phil 4:7
7. Received power, the power of the Holy Spirit; power to lay hands on the sick and see them recover; power to cast out demons; authority over all the power of the enemy and nothing by any means shall hurt me. God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of love power and a sound mind -Lk 10:17, Mk 6:17-18, 2 Tim 1:7
8. My life is hidden with Christ in God -Col 3:3
9. All things are possible to me because I believe greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world -1 Jn 4:4, Mk 9:23
10. I live by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus -Rom 8:2
11. I walk in Christ Jesus -Col 2:6
12. I can do all things in Christ Jesus -Phil 4:13
13. I shall do greater works than Christ Jesus -Jn 14:12
14. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God -Phil 3:14
15. I always triumph in Christ -2 Cor 2:14
16. I show forth his praise -1 Ptr 2:9
17. I am raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places -Col 2:12, Eph 2:6
18. I am beloved of God -Col 3:12, Rom 1:7, 1 Thess 1:4
19. I am not moved by what I hear, feel or see, but by the Word of God -2 Cor 5:7
20. I present my body as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable unto God -Rom 12:1
21. I am not conformed to this world, but I am transformed to the image of God by the renewing of my mind -Rom 12:2
22. I rejoice on hope, I have patience in tribulation, and I am diligent in prayer -Rom 12:12
23. I will seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all things will be added unto me -Mat 6:33
24. I am complete in Christ Jesus -Jn 17:21-23
25. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes -Rom 1:16-17
27. I am a tither and God has blessed me beyond that which I can contain; you have been rebuked devil and you will not devour the fruit of my labors -Mal 3:10
28. I will prosper, and be in health as my soul prospers -3 Jn 1:2
29. I have compassion & love for all men, for the love of God has been shed abroad in my heart -1 Jn 4:11-12, 1Ptr 3:8, Rom 5:5
30. I will rejoice!! For the joy of the Lord is my strength -Neh 8:10
31. I will go forward unafraid -Josh 1:5-9
32. I will bless and not curse my neighbor -Mat 5:44, Lk 6:28
33. I will meditate upon the word of God -Phil 4:8
34. I will pray without ceasing -1 Thess 5:17
35. I will be led by the Holy Spirit and not my emotions -Rom 8:14
Habits to Enhance Your Self-Image…
1. Do not label yourself negativity (I am clumsy and stupid). You tend to become the label you give yourself.
2. Behave assertively (but not aggressively) even in threatening situations, particularly when you don’t feel like doing so.
3. When you fail, admit or confess it to God, your Father, and then refuse to condemn yourself Rom 8:1. Remember you are in the process of becoming like Christ. Growth takes time. Be as kind to yourself as you would be (or would hope to be) another person.
4. Do not compare yourself with others. You are a unique person, God enjoys you in your uniqueness, have a similar attitude towards yourself.
5. Concentrate and meditate on God’s grace, love and acceptance- not criticisms from other people.
6. Associate with friends who are positive, who delight in you and who enjoy life.
7. Start helping others to see themselves as God sees them by accepting them, loving them, and encouraging them. Give them the dignity they deserve as one of God’s unique human creatures.
8. Learn to laugh; look for the humor in life and experience it.
9. Have expectations of others that are realistic. Take into account each person’s specific talents, gifts, abilities and potential.
10. Relax and take it easy. If the sinless Jesus waited in preparation thirty years for a three year ministry, perhaps God isn’t in as much of a hurry with you as you may suppose He is.
11. Do what is right and pleasing in the eyes of God. When our lives reflect God’s character, we are a lot happier and it affects our attitude about ourselves.
12. Be positive (Phil 14:8). See how long you can go without saying something negative about another person or situation.
13. Lead others with influence and wise guidance rather than with autocratic (tyrannical; oppressive; domineering: absolute) power.
14. Love in accordance with God’s model of agape love and balance love with limits.
“Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]“– Ephesians 3:20, Amplified Bible (AMP